Skip to Main Content

APC Support

Current APC information for HDR students and Faculty researchers

Important Notice
Article processing charges are no longer paid from Central funding. 
Please contact your Faculty Research Development Manager (RDM) for Faculty funding information.

HDR Students

HDR students can lodge an Article Processing Charge (APC) request for an APC to be paid from their project budget funds. APC-approved HDR students can use the HDR budget request form to request access to their HDR project funds. 

The eligibility criteria are set out in the Guidelines for HDR APC Support.

All APC assessment requests must be lodged with the Faculty RDM and Library Services for approval before submission of the article to an OA journal.

Requests for APC funding are assessed against the following eligibility criteria: 

  • The article must be published in a Gold Open Access journal, meaning that every article in the journal is openly accessible immediately and freely upon publication without any embargo period. Submission to Hybrid model journals will not be approved.
  • APC requests from a Bond University HDR student must list the HDR student as the first author.
  • All HDR students must be identified on the APC Request Form.
  • Only articles with a majority of Bond University authors will be approved.
  • All Bond University authors must show Bond University affiliation in the article.
  • APCs will not be approved for articles in journals that also charge Library Services a subscription fee.

Forward APC applications to the Faculty Research Development Manager (RDM) in the first instance.

The following documents are required for all APC assessments. 

  • A completed APC Request Form signed by the Faculty Associate Dean of Research (ADR)
  • A completed Authorship Agreement Form
  • A copy of the research paper

Dataset Note

Where research data is to be made available to accompany a research publication the authors can have a Dataset record with a DOI in the institutional repository (Pure) Datasets collection. Please contact the Manager, Scholarly Publications & Copyright in Library Services for further information and assistance.